Another Exploration of Kota Lama Semarang



Semarang isn't my fave city, but its Kota Lama and Gedung Lawang Sewu are an exception. They make me forgive the City.




A day before 2017 turned 2018, I re-explore the Kota Lama. Stepping my feet there for the second time felt pleasing. I knew that I could do that.




It was a bit hard to get there riding a motorbike for a stranger like me. Semarang isn't a kind of friendly city for a strange motorbike r like me. It has less signboards than Jogja. The boards are placed only at particular crossroads or roundabouts where people are more likely see.




However, from 'Gedung Lawang Sewu', it turned pretty easy to get there because there are some signboards along the way (Lawang Sewu and Kota Lama are iconic places, then signboards of the two places are easy to find. FYI, before leaving for Kota Lama, I first visited Lawang Sewu.)




Though I almost got lost (when it got nearer Kota Lama, the signboards seemed to disappear), I finally could find a way and also a parking area.




 It wasn't as exciting as my first coming there, but it was still an exploration. On this second exploration, I strolled on the streets and pathways in the old town that I have never been before. Here are some shots of buildings I hope everyone can enjoy. If you're a kind of curious about the old town, please do not hesitate to come. I promise the energy you'll lose will be paid off.




Note: please ask local people or use google map (or any on line map applications) when you get lost.














Comments

Popular Posts