Javanese Traditional Dance at Yogyakarta Royal Palace


Assalaamu'alaikum. So last Sunday I brought my daughter to the Royal Palace of Yogyakarta which is officially called Karaton Ngayogyakarta Hadiningrat. I wanted to show her the rich culture of Java. Not knowing what dance was actually performed, I went there anyway.


Regularly, a group of dancers will perform every Sunday morning. This Sunday, it was a group of male dancers performing a dance which I don't know the name actually. The beat moved slowly and the background music swayed slowly, tipical Javanese gamelan work.

The dancers looked calm, sharp and charismatic. Slow did not mean weak. On the country, they looked so grand and elegant. Half naked, which is culturally common in Javanese, they work batik cloth covering their lower limbs and a head cover called blangkon. 


If you want to watch such a. Performance, please come to Yogyakarta Royal Palace on Monday morning. The admission ticket for an Indonesian adult costs Rp.15.000, for an Indonesian child costs Rp.10.000, and for a foreigner costs Rp.40.000.







Comments

Popular Posts