Lokananta Bloc Surakarta
Assalaamu'alaikum, wonderful people. Long time no see. This post is to document my visit to Lokananta Bloc in Solo. I went there during the holiday season.
The whole compound consists of art deco buildings with different uses. The one on the front is the museum or gallery, and the one on the north side and back function as the commercial area where vendors lined in rooms. There is also an amphitheatre but I didn't go there to see that. I was kinda in a rush to catch sholat Jumat.
The images here show the rooms in the gallery or museum. Each room displays different objects, such as discs, albums, recording tools, etc. Sorry that I forget all the names.
Square-shaped with a green inner courtyard, the rooms look even better after the restoration. There are also a few table sets where visitors can sit to have a rest after a tour.
Touring the museum is guided and visitors are charged 40.000 Rupiahs. A tour group may consist of 2 to ten people.
After the mandatory guided tour, visitors may retour the rooms by themselves. They can take photos with smartphones only. No cameras are allowed.
The museum is open at 08.00 a.m. to 06.00 p.m. So, if you want to visit it, pay attention to the schedule. I took a photo of it.


Comments
Post a Comment