Celebrated Eid Al Adha in Cebongan

Assalaamu'alaikum, wonderful people. Long time no see. First of all, Happy Eid Al Adha if you're muslims. May this holy day give us a lesson to be willing to sacrifice and devote at all times. Aamiin.
This time I'm telling you my experience celebrating Eid Al Adha in Cebongan, the town where we are currently living. It is our very first time celebrating it outside of our parents' houses. We do it this way because a few days ago, I was busy preparing for all the documents I need to apply for the Beasiswa Pendidikan Indonesia scholarship. Then, my wife suddenly got a vertigo for two days. Therefore, we did not take the risk to visit and stay at our parents' houses by a motorbike ride. Then doing it here is the best decision.

However, it was quite hard for me to find a masjid which conducted Eid Al Adha prayer this morning. Majority of masjids in Cebongan and the greater area of Mlati conducted the prayer yesterday (they might be of Muhammadiyah followers). There is actually a very close masjid conducting it to our house, but I did not want to do it there. I wanted more privacy. Therefore I decided to find a farther masjid. After riding my motorbike around mlati, lucky that I found a masjid conducting the prayer not far from Cebongan traditional market. It is called Masjid Assalam. It was off the north of the market, around 200 meters away. Alhamdulillah I did it there.
And when the imam gave us khotbah after the prayer, I got mindblown. Although he told us the story of Prophet Ibrahim's sacrifice, which I have heard for lots of times, this morning I sat silently listening to it. Quite surprisingly, when he highlighted about that Ismail's saying, I got goosebumps. I felt like I really need to learn from the story and do it in my daily life. Bismillah I'll try to do it more consistently. Aamiin.
By the way, if you're an NU follower or affiliated, if you want to perform any prayers, you may need to consider Masjid Assalam. It is actually a place where MWC NU Mlati is housed. Thanks for reading this, wonderful people. Wassalaamu'alaikum. 

Comments

Popular Posts