'Kraton Yogyakarta': The Latest Exploration



Kraton Yogyakarta is always special for me. The main reason for this is that I love the architecture. It resembles a mix of Javanese and Colonial architecture, and it's beautiful.




I don't even feel bored of visiting the Kraton though I've visited this more than 3 times. There's always a feel of tranquility and peace whenever I get there.




Sometimes I wish I could be part of it so that I can contribute to the preservation of a great cultural heritage.




If you are a Javanese traditional dance lover, please start to think of watching dances performed at one of theKraton's 'bangsals' every Sunday at about 10. The show is free, but we just need to pay for the ticket to enter the Kraton. So, if yo go there on Sundays, you'll get double benefits: watching the dances and going around the Kraton. The price is also cheap. It takes only Rp.10.000, including a free pass to bring a camera for taking pictures.




Enjoy!






Comments

Popular Posts