Volunteering for Governor Election in Tegal, Central Java



In July (forgot the date) this year, I took the chance to be a quick count volunteer. It was the Central Java Governor election. I was placed in Tegal Regency, on the north and west part of the Province. I decided to take it because I wasn't interested to vote.




As a young and ideal person I didn't think that election would ever change the condition of the country. I thought, all politicians, whenever and wherever, are just the same. They won't ever think about the people and country.




However, one moment came. An old man, disabled, helped by his daughter, came to the TPS (Tempat Pemungutan Suara/Voting Venue) to JUST VOTE! This moment definitely changed my mind! That old man still has a hope this county will be better! Hope! Hope is a simple thing that my stubborn mind always ignores! How stupid I was! 




As part of the young generation I should always put hope in my mind! It's with hope that we can shaped positive mind. It's hope that drives us to do something better, to assist the government to run well. Whatever happens, that old man woke me up from my long hibernation. This country needs supports. This country needs hopes! Whoever you are, thank you, old man! I'll keep hoping, then doing, then achieving. Promise I'll do something for Indonesia and humankind! First step: I'll VOTE!

Comments

Popular Posts