A Morning in the Old Town of Semarang



Stepping my feet on the street of Kota Lama Semarang has been one of my coming true dreams. I did it a couple of weeks ago, when I has just finished with my one week workshops in Jakarta. I meant to do it because I want to please my self after a hard week of workshop. When I booked a train to come back from Jakarta, I decided to make it through Semarang, then I took Tawang Jaya. After one night rail trip, I went down at Poncol Station.




Once I stepped my feet on the station floor, I felt something went terribly wrong with my stomach. I realized that I needed to poo, but unfortunately all toilets at the station were being used. Without knowing where to find another toilet, I went out of the station, and fortunately an ojek driver offered me a lift. I asked him to take me to Kota Lama, but before that I needed to find a toilet. It turned pretty easy for him to find a toilet that was close to the town.




I thanked him very much even without bargaining the fare I should pay (I paid 15 thousand Rupiahs, and I realized that it could be too expensive for such a short distance).




Finished with cleaning my body (I didn't take a bath, to be honest), I strolled around the Kota Lama area. I went strolling its paths and streets to enjoy the beautiful colonial buildings. I really felt like in heaven.




I also couldn't help taking pictures of the buildings and corners of the town. Seeing Gereja Blenduk for the first time was really breathtaking. Its surroundings were (are) full of other heritageous buildings. I wish I could have one (dare to dream). 




Because I felt tired, I didn't go farther. Then I decided to find a bus to take me back to Jogja. Next time visiting Semarang, I want to visit Gedung Lawang Sewu for sure. I promise!










Comments

Popular Posts