Family's Day Out on Campus

Assalaamu'alaikum, wonderful people. Is everything alright? I hope it is. Aamiin.


So, here in Indonesia we have Isra' Mi'raj holiday on Thursday, February 9, 2024. It's an Islamic holiday to commemorate the Ascencion of Prophet Muhammad PBUH.


Taking advantage of it, my family and I spent a morning outdoor. We visited my wife's and my undergraduate college, Universitas Negeri Yogyakarta. We strolled around the parks and along the walks. 



We relived our old days back in the college. There are many changes, which is good. Although it is not big, the campus is green. there are trees lining the walks and round the parks. I love the fact that the university leaders have a big concern on green space and sustainability. 


We had a good time spending our morning there. Although we don't really have city parks herr in Yogyakarta, the existence of university campuses replace the absence of city parks quite well.


Thanks to universities who built parks, not only for their students' use but also for Jogjanese to hang out and do some exercises.

I'll post more photos of other universities' parks when I visit them. If you happen to stay in Jogja, make sure to give it a try. Wassalaamu'alaikum.


Comments

Popular Posts